As one of Upstate New York's leading law firms. Woods Oviatt has long enjoyed a reputation for representing clients of all sizes in complex legal matters, and serving the public interest, according to the very highest professional standards. We are always looking for talented individuals with the ability, integrity, and initiative necessary to maintain these qualities and to ensure that our firm continues to be a stimulating and rewarding place to work.
At Woods Oviatt, our administrative staff shares our lawyer's high standards and commitments to excellence. Our staff's contributions are critical to our practice and help sustain and enhance our reputation for outstanding customer service.
We invest time and effort in the hiring of our staff and seek employees that understand our dedication to client service. We look for employees who want to work as part of a team. We foster a collaborative work environment where opinions are valued and contributions are acknowledged.
Our firm is committed to the full utilization of all human resources and to a policy of equal employment opportunity. Our firm will not discriminate against employees, interns or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis including, but not limited to, race, creed, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, criminal history, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law, will undertake or continue existing equal employment opportunity programs to ensure that minority group members and women are afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination, and shall make and document its conscientious and active efforts to employ and utilize minority group members and women in its workforce.
Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP offers a competitive benefits package in addition to a family and professional work environment.
Foreclosure General Clerk
Searching for professionals who are detail-oriented to provide legal support for drafting miscellaneous documents needed throughout the foreclosure process, running searches per client instructions, assisting with sending documents for filing/recording, and notating client systems. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and excellent time management skills required.Experience with LPS, Microsoft Office, and legal search engines. Experience working as a Legal Assistant or Legal Clerk, ideally within the Foreclosure area preferred.
Woods Oviatt Gilman LLP seeks a professional Benefits/Payroll Specialist to join our firm. This position provides support with day-to-day benefit administration functions and weekly employee payroll processing, as well as general human resources issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Administrator/expert on firm benefits, coverage, eligibility and related issues
• Coordinate open enrollment and other periodic benefits updates and changes, including developing a project plan and drafting communications. Respond to employee inquires related to benefit coverage, claims issues, COBRA, etc.
• Prepare and conduct new employee benefits orientation and enrollment
• Prepare educational materials for effective general benefits communications to all personnel
• Lead Open Enrollment and benefits-related meetings and events
• Perform monthly insurance billings and benefit plan invoice audit and reconciliations.
• Recommend changes to enhance employee well-being and maintain cost effectiveness
• Partner with Human Resources Manager to:
o Interpret, analyze and implement new requirements and laws
o Analyze current trends and recommend enhancements and/or changes to our benefits program
• Administer FMLA, Leave of Absence, Worker's Compensation and Unemployment policies in compliance with federal, state and local laws
• Ensure completion of mandated benefits, reports and employee mailings
• Prepare weekly payroll and reconciliation; responsible for payroll entry, deductions, direct deposits, taxes, etc.
• Review and audit all employee timesheets
• Create and run standard payroll/reconciliation reports
• Maintain accurate personnel records, including personnel files, salary and status changes and Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits and records
• Create and maintain standard operating procedures for important processes
• Protect confidentiality of all employee and firm related information
• Support Human Resources Manager with regard to general human resource functions
The position requires at least 2 years of previous experience in mid-volume benefits and payroll administration. Human resources generalist experience also preferred.
• Must have process payroll, benefits and leave administration experience, including but not limited to, Affordable Care Act and FMLA.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to take initiative and act proactively
• Strong decision making and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
• Exceptional time management skills
• Proven ability to understand Excel spreadsheets and complete basic analysis data manipulation
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with Paychex payroll software preferred
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Associates degree with commensurate work experience
The ideal candidate is responsible for proactively handling incoming telephone, email, and self-service generated incident requests from users experiencing technical difficulties with hardware, software and other system related problems.
• Creation and management of tickets within Help Desk ticketing tool
• Call logging and monitoring open tickets to resolution; first call respondent and troubleshooting for resolution
• Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution
• 2 or more years of experience in Helpdesk support
• Sense of urgency and ability to quickly assess, diagnose and resolve reported problems
• Proven customer service skills
• Effective ticket documentation and communication skills
• Must be able to work independently
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Team oriented
• Knowledgeable of Windows 7, Office 2010, Web browsers such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome,
common printer issues, mobile devices, general computer hardware troubleshooting skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in being considered for an open position please complete the Online Application.